IMDS – International Material Data System
Course and materials will be in English language.
The IMDS (International Material Data System) is a global data repository that contains information on materials used by the automotive industry. Leading automobile manufacturers use the IMDS to maintain data for various reporting obligations. Therefore, the responsibility for completing the IMDS is increasingly being transferred from manufacturers to suppliers in the automotive industry, especially in the product validation phase.
In the IMDS, all materials used for final automobile manufacturing are collected, maintained, analysed and archived. The IMDS system is used to meet the obligations placed on automobile manufacturers, and thus on their suppliers, by national and international standards, laws and regulations.
The participants will learn about the International Material Data System (IMDS), created on the initiative of the Association of German Automobile Manufacturers to be able to control the automobile structure in terms of environmental requirements.
The starting point for the IMDS is the legal provisions and the voluntary decision of automobile manufacturers to recycle as much of the car as possible. Manufacturers of raw materials and assemblies enter in the IMDS data on the chemical composition of the materials used, which enables automobile manufacturers its effective analysis.
This analysis makes it possible to identify harmful substances and their position in products, which makes it easier for manufacturers to define corrective measures to reduce their proportions.
- Presentation of the IMDS (structure and functionality of the IMDS, presentation of the structure of products, semi-finished products and materials, overview of basic elements)
- Compliance with GADSL, REACH, RoHS, SVCH regulations and directives regarding the use of hazardous materials
- Creating IMDS for a product or material
- Request approval
- Administration, users
- Practical examples
Edvard Oražem has gained most of his work experience in the automotive industry, where he holds the position of an Occupational Health and Safety Department Manager. He has gained international experience cooperating with many customers and managing the mechanical processing production site in Senožeče and the production of prototypes in the entire Cimos Group. He is also involved in project management and standardization. As part of the Cimos business system training, he has obtained the Six Sigma Green Belt and the status of an internal auditor for ISO14001 and ISO 45001.
The online workshop will take place in a live online e-classroom. Day will be divided into three parts with breaks in between. Up to two days before the implementation, registered participants will receive a link to the online workshop. Participants need a computer with a microphone and a camera, as well as access to a reliably functioning internet connection to participate in online training without interruption.
Additional information: Tanja Benček, phone: +386 (1) 5609 594, e-mail: email@example.com
- DURATION 1 days, 7 academic hours, 9.00 to 15.00 (CEST, UTC/GMT +2 hours)
- DATE /
- LECTURER Mr Edvard Oražem
- PRICE 325,00€ (VAT is not included)*
- *Educational services are subjected to 22-% Slovenian VAT, because place of taxation is determinated according to the Article 52 of Council Directive 2006/112 and 29 Article of Slovenian VAT Law.
- ID number 2123
- CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical directors, development and technology managers, quality assurance officers,
- technologists, developers, researchers, constructors, control technologists and others responsible for a product or materials,
- all interested in the use of state-of-the-art methods in the automotive industry.