Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) published a new version of Radio Standard Specification RSS-247, Issue 3, which covers the requirements for certification of radio apparatus operating in the bands 902-928 MHz, 2400-2483,5 MHz and 5725-5850 MHz employing frequency hopping, digital modulation and/or a combination of both techniques and the requirements for certification of license-exempt local area network (LE-LAN) devices operating in the bands 5150-5250 MHz, 5250-5350 MHz, 5470-5725 MHz, 5725-5850 MHz and 5850-5895 MHz. The transition period of six months from the publication date is provided. During this period, all applications for certification under RSS-247, issue 2 or issue 3, will be accepted. After this period, all applications for the certification of equipment will be accepted under RSS 247, issue 3.
The main changes are listed below:
- Modified section 6.2 to clarify that different measurement methods can apply depending on the operating frequency range of the device.
- Added section 6.2.5 to introduce the requirements for devices operating in the 5850-5895 MHz band and channels that span across 5850 MHz.
- Added section 184.108.40.206 to provide general information and definitions.
- Added section 220.127.116.11 to identify the power limits associated with devices operating in the 5850-5895 MHz band.
- Added section 18.104.22.168 to identify the unwanted emission limits associated with devices operating in the 5850-5895 MHz band.
Tel.: +386 1 4778 189