Product Testing and Certification
IT, Audio & Video Devices
At SIQ, we can support you with a wide range of services and standards covering different products, including information technology equipment and electronic devices. Our highly skilled and experienced test engineers can support you during the whole testing process and provide you with updates. The synergy of knowledge is materialized in comprehensive solutions, optimally tailored to the needs of an individual organization to help you bring your products to the global market.Find out more
SIQ is a member of the international IECEE CB Scheme. Standards for information technology equipment within the scope of the IECEE CB Scheme can be found here. We are accredited by Slovenian Accreditation (SA) for testing and certification according to EN 62368-1standard which specifies safety requirements for information technology and audio & video devices, as well as to many other particular/collateral standards in relation to PCs, amplifiers, digital cameras, TVs, mobile telephones, power supplies, network infrastructure equipment, battery-powered devices, photo-copiers, and musical instruments.
- The main standard for safety: IEC/EN 62368-1 – Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment – Part 1: General safety requirements
- IEC 60950-1 – Information technology equipment – Part 1: General safety requirements
- IEC 60950-22 – Information technology equipment – Part 22: Equipment to be installed outdoors
- IEC 60065 – Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus – Safety requirements
- IEC 62368-3 – Safety aspects for DC power transfer through communication cables and ports
Being a member of numerous technical committees and working groups like TC 108 WG HBSDT, TC 108X, WG5/6, we are well-prepared and stay informed about upcoming standard changes, enabling us to offer our customers valuable information and support.Find out more
We are professional, accurate, and responsive in meeting your requirements for electromagnetic compatibility testing and certification. Our measurements, test reports, and certificates ensure the EMC compatibility of your products in all important markets. We provide our professional assistance at the earliest stages of development when we can perform partial, critical tests on individual devices.
SIQ is a part of the international IECEE CB EMC Scheme. In the SIQ EMC laboratory, our qualified, experienced, and skilled EMC test engineers can perform all required tests using specific equipment for EMC testing of IT, audio & video devices.
- EN 55032 & EN 55035 – EMC requirements of information technology equipment and electronic devices (EU requirements)
- CISPR 32 & CISPR 35 – EMC requirements of information technology equipment and electronic devices (international requirements)
- EN 303 446-1 & EN 303 446-2 – Standard for combined and/or integrated radio and non-radio equipment (only applicable to products containing radio modules).
- IEC/EN 61000-3-2 (IEC/EN 61000-3-12) – Limits for harmonic current emissions (equipment input current ≤ 16 A per phase).
- IEC/EN 61000-3-3 (IEC/EN 61000-3-11) – Limitation of voltage changes, voltage fluctuations and flicker in public low-voltage supply systems (equipment with rated current ≤ 16 A per phase and not subject to conditional connection).
- IEC/EN 62233 – Measurement methods for electromagnetic fields of household appliances and similar apparatus with regard to human exposure
- FCC testing – Testing according to 47 CFR Part 15 Subpart B, 47 CFR FCC Part 18 Subpart C and ICES-003 to cover requirements for the USA and Canada market.
Radio Spectrum testing emulates the operation and efficacy of radio and telecommunication devices, ensuring they do not cause interference with other users within the radio frequency spectrum, while also verifying their efficient use of the radio spectrum. At SIQ, we offer comprehensive radio spectrum testing services for a wide range of radio technologies, providing you with a convenient one-stop solution. Additionally, as a Notified Body under the Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU, we can assist you in the conformity assessment of your product, particularly in the cases where there are no established harmonized standards applicable to your product. Our state-of-the-art laboratory is equipped to conduct radio spectrum testing of various radio technologies, including RFID, SRD, WiFi, and Bluetooth.
Cybersecurity testing of household appliances is becoming increasingly important in our connected world. As more and more devices in our homes are becoming “smart” and interconnected through the Internet of Things (IoT), the potential vulnerabilities for cyberattacks are increasing. Here’s a brief overview of the importance of cybersecurity testing of household appliances:
- Protection from hacking: Household appliances, such as refrigerators, thermostats, and even coffee makers, are now equipped with internet connectivity and often run on software. This connectivity opens the door for potential hackers to gain access to your home network and personal data. Cybersecurity testing helps identify and patch vulnerabilities in these devices to prevent unauthorized access.
- Data privacy: Many smart appliances collect and transmit data about your usage patterns and preferences. Ensuring that this data is encrypted and securely transmitted is crucial to protect your privacy. Cybersecurity testing evaluates the data handling practices of these devices and ensures compliance with privacy regulations.
- Preventing malware infections: Like any other connected device, household appliances can become targets for malware attacks. Ensuring that these devices have robust security measures in place, such as regular software updates and secure boot processes, is essential to prevent malware infections.
- Securing remote Access: Remote control and monitoring of household appliances through smartphone apps or web interfaces have become common. Cybersecurity testing assesses the security of these remote access channels to prevent unauthorized control of your appliances.
- Protecting against botnets: Vulnerable smart appliances can be compromised and added to botnets, which can be used for malicious purposes, such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. Cybersecurity testing aims to make these appliances resistant to such compromises.
- User authentication: Ensuring that only authorized users can access and control smart appliances is crucial. Cybersecurity testing evaluates the strength of user authentication mechanisms, such as passwords or biometrics, to prevent unauthorized access.
- Vendor accountability: Manufacturers of household appliances need to take responsibility for the security of their products. Cybersecurity testing can help hold manufacturers accountable for any vulnerabilities and encourage them to provide regular security updates to their customers.
The use of new technologies and increasing requirements for the reliability of products are the cause of the growing need for environmental impact testing. Our laboratory for environmental impact testing is adequately equipped to carry out various tests.
We can provide the majority of environmental tests according to various norms and standards under various loads or climatic conditions. We also offer the possibility of data logging, and specific equipment for voltage/current drive.
Accredited methods according to the EN 60068 series:
- Vibration testing
- Climatic testing
- Salt-mist testing
- Altitude testing
- Parameter and functional testing
- Aging tests
- UV-light testing
The IECEE CB Scheme is an international system for the mutual recognition of test reports relating to the safety of electrical and electronic products.
The CB certificate is a document certifying that the product meets the requirements of the relevant IEC standard. SIQ operates within the CB Scheme as a recognized National Certification Body (NCB) and a recognized Testing Laboratory (CBTL), thus awarding CB Certificates of Conformity and associated CB Test Reports.
A manufacturer who has a CB Test Report from any of the national CB Scheme Certification Bodies can obtain a national certificate from any other CB Scheme member country.
Many countries around the world still have mandatory national certification requirements. This means that the products must be approved in the respective countries before they can be imported and put on the market.
The rapid changes resulting from globalization and competition present technical barriers and a serious problem for the industry. Problems arise due to time to market, a reduced life cycle of products, and the need to reduce costs.
SIQ can help you obtain specific certificates to enter various markets and countries. We have built trustworthy partner relationships with many NRTLs and can obtain international certificates based on our CB test reports and certificates so your products can reach any desired market.
You can find more information per country here or contact us for detailed information and specific requirements regarding your particular product and target market.